Thursday, April 23

Tri Training Update

I have been debating the past three days whether or not to post my stats online. Really, how ludicrous is this? I'm fat. Why am I concerned about what people think about my numbers? I think I have been more upset by the fact that I am debating about posting than the actual numbers themselves. Female-dom is silly on so many levels.

So once a month, I am having my body fat measured. I was so into this at our gym with this little electronic gadget that you hold. I've been doing it for a while when one of the trainers told me that you have to drink 2 liters of water and have no food in your system for an accurate reading. WHO drinks 2 liters of water before eating anything and then goes to work out? Does that make any sense?

So I still use the dumb device and just make sure that all the factors are the same for me when I use it. Whatever....

So 2.5 weeks ago I weighed in at 218.5 pounds with a body fat percentage of 40.6. I wish I could have taken a picture of the emaciated trainer testing me when she saw that number! She about burst a blood vessel. Regardless, I am most excited to see this number change. I initially lost 5 pounds the first week of training, but since have put that back on. It has to be muscle because I can feel new muscles esp. in my legs. I think my bf% will notice a good drop in 2 weeks when I retest.

Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

deeder6 said...

Good luck!!! I;m impressed with how hard you're working!

Annette said...

You go sista!

Christina said...

Great job Jen! Good luck!!

shalynn said...

Wow! You are one HOT MAMA! Training, kick'n butt, building muscle, all for the BIG TRI !!!!! You must be your mother's daughter!

Lei said...

Jen you rock! You have more than a good luck from me! "Training" changed my perspective about myself in so many ways... first off I always thought I was a wimp when it came to TRUE exertion, not weight loss but huffing and puffing towards a monumental goal like a race. Second off, when I saw what my body was capable of, I cared less about the number on the scale and enjoyed the way I looked and felt more. Weight loss is just a perk when you are TRULY taking care of your body! SO YAY FOR YOU! When is the tri, I totally want to come cheer you on. :)

Noel said...

jen-You rock girl. I am so excited for you. keep focusing on how good YOU FEEL...the pounds will take care of themselves.