Wednesday, January 28

La Cucaracha


Yeah, so okay this IS my hand holding a cockroach. Oh goodness, I think of something Oprah said once about her aversion to getting married. Something to the fact as why would she marry anyone because of how she'd change and he'd change through the years and who is to say they'd stay together because they'd be completely different people in 50 years. As a side note I think her theory is a load of crap, BUT I often think how I have evolved in ten years of marriage. Case in point, me touching a cockroach.

So, this is Wulf's Christmas present to me. I guess I disappointed him. He was going for a screaming, yelling response from me. Sorry Wulf, but there's always next year.

I think roaches are repulsive. But this isn't an ordinary roach. I mean he's actually pretty in a way. He has a smooth exoskeleton and pretty orange/brown coloring, etc. He doesn't fly or move fast, he just sits there on ya. He is from Madagascar and is called a Hissing Cockroach because he hisses through his abdomen when threatened.

Oh, and we found out that he is actually a she. And I concluded that she is probably pregnant because that would be MY life right?

People keep them as pets which I don't want to do but we basically are. I mean who cares if there's is one less roach in the world? Not me, but how do I kill a 4-inch roach? It is going to squirt everywhere and crunch. Yuck. Should I just freeze it or what?

Any suggestions? And why is my life so random and weird? Why am I HOLDING a cockroach in my hand!?!

1 comment:

shalynn said...

you should bling it out with stick-on crystals and a diamond leash!