Sunday, December 14

the Ins & Outs of Cheating


Well, my little children, many of our daily conversations deal with ethics and morality. I try to set the great example, I try to live what I say. But here we have reached what I call "the gray line". It's the same about Santa and Cristian asking me more than once, "Why do you talk all nice to her when you don't like her very much?" Because of the gray line kids.

So I have a fond affection for V-8. The kids and even Carlos think it is revolting. It is so earthy tasting and has the caloric value of a good sneeze. But it is cheating at it's best. I don't have to inspect the produce, wash the produce, store the produce, clean it, peel it, dice it, chop it, puree it. No ma'am, just shake and pop the top. And tah-dah, I drink a serving a veggies. You'd think I was a spokesperson for the product. But kiddies, sometimes it is okay to blur the edges of honesty (she didn't look THAT good in the dress), Santa is real for at least one more year, and my veggies can be drunk.

Cheating can be good for you.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

V-8 is yummy, but the low sodium version is not so much.

Mme. Kara said...

I love that you're blogging now, Jen. It just makes my world sooo much better. I'm laughing at the gray lines...