Thursday, December 11

Corny Cake


Okay, yum. I have tons of cornmeal in the pantry and then a friend of mine was seriously deranged and invited us all over for dinner AND family home evening. Yes, the naive Jensen Family made a delish dinner of chili and cornbread. I am not a fan of cornbread - it is always dry and crumbly. But not Robyn's. Oh no, she even had honey butter to smother on top, but I declined. It was THAT moist, sweet, & grainy. I LOVED it. I asked for the recipe & look what I got - perfect "I'm an elementary school teacher taking a mother hiatus" handwriting. So she can bake and write perfectly. I'm rethinking the friendship.

We had a great dinner, charming F.H.E. complete with themed craft(the teacher in her still yells loud and clear). Our daughters were the highlight of the evening running through the living room and master bedroom stark naked. You know, all 2-year-olds pee simultaneously in the nude. Right, that's normal right?!? They ended with jumping, still naked, on Robyn and Tony's bed. Nothing like punie germs on the love nest. Emmie's bedroom was a d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r!!! Even wall hangings were strewn on the floor.

I guess we won't be invited back anytime soon. But, at least, I have the corny cake recipe. We're good.

2 comments:

Lei said...

Lol! Sorry - I stumbled upon you at Anne's... am I allowed to visit?
I have one of Robin's rcipes too... the woman is a complete package! ;)

Jen said...

of course woman! see you around the blog village.