Tuesday, October 20

Boobies

Cora and I were casually chatting last night when she got up to shut the bedroom door. This is the sign. It's about to get deep, emotional, personal, private, dramatic - all things female.

She starts right in about my boobies.

What do they feel like?.... Like soft pockets of fat, I respond.

Well, can I touch them? (Loaded question from my limited experience. Usually results in more touching right ladies?!)... Sure you can, I respond.

She notices the anatomy.

Why is there a circle? Why is the circle wrinkly? Where does the milk come out because I don't see a hole? Why is your nipple higher than everything else?

And then the question I think she was dying to ask all along...."When do I get mine?"

Do you want boobies really bad?

Yes.

Really?

Yes.

Well, you will probably start growing them when you are around ten, but they won't be as cute as mine for a long time.

She was satisfied.

I don't remember my "six" being concerned with my future boobies. I was still running outside and hating Barbie dolls that were always being pushed at me.

Daily, she reminds me of Shay. WAY ahead of the normal learning curve.

Yikes.

4 comments:

deeder6 said...

Good luck with that! My girls didn't ask that young. As a matter of fact both of them still wish they didn't have them!

Anne said...

love this conversation! and love your openness---so important.

Noel said...

I too, love your openness. You're such a good mom with a daughter way beyond her years. You're right-just like Shay.

Molly Bea said...

OH DEAR! We had Jayden's friend a little three year old girl for four days this week. I'm sticking with boys. I just don't think I can handle that!