Monday, October 26

Alphabet Project

I was at a friends house last week and saw a cute decorating idea that I informed her I was going to steal. She was okay with it because she stole it from Pottery Barn so there ya go.

She had LARGE letters, each letter of the alphabet, around the whole playroom. What made it so fun was that each letter was completely different. She said it took her a year to collect them (oh, help me because I am just not that patient). For plain letters she either decoupaged them or painted them a fun color. She even framed 3 or 4. It was so quirky and fun. and-i-must-have-it.

So I bought my first letter. The letter G.

This is where you all come in. If you are out and about and find a letter that is CHEAP (under $5) be a dear and pick it up for me or give me a jingle. I will be scouring thrift stores, garage sales, etc. My only criteria is that they are at least 8 inches tall.

Oh do be a dear for the love of all things decorated.....thanks.

3 comments:

Noel said...

I am so on the look out! Can you post a pic of your letter G?

Lei said...

oh yay, i'd love to help with your collection!

Molly Bea said...

I know you have already started, but have you considered using vinyl letters? you can stick them right on the wall in different colors, fonts, sizes even...just a thought. VERY cute idea!