Sunday, February 1

SAY WHAT?!?

Carlos is the lovely donater to this addition this time. We were in bed last night after getting the munchkins all nestled. Cora made her first of usually three visits to announce something direly important that we hear. She gave us her message and then Carlos told her to come snuggle him for a bit. She gladly jumped in bed and began chattering away to Carlos. I zoned out in my current read.

She finally left to her room and Carlos watched her walk out with a huge grin on his face.

He turns to me and says, "I just love talking with her..."
"Oh yeah?" I replied.
"...when she's sane," he finished.

I had a good, deep laugh. That would be Cora in a nutshell. The drama - the superior highs and lows - in injustice of a 6-year-old life.

She is however, a keeper.

1 comment:

Noel said...

I need some Cora time. I miss this girl, and all of her discussions that begin with "Well..." and a flip of the hair. I'll be home next weekend!