Tuesday, June 15

On Pessimism


Thought I'd give you a synopsis of the Cruz marriage. I suppose it is one of the reasons we work well together. Good and bad to both personalities.

Anywho...I had a friend ask me to watch her kids yesterday. Well, only four of her six kids...I was glad to do it because I really like her kids. I mean I really do like her children, they are sweet and hilarious. And then it was one of those situations that I get myself into WAY too often when I actually think after I've committed.

Why did I agree to have 9 children under the age of 10 for 8 hours?! Am I totally moronic? So, I set up all the scenarios of how awful and stressful this day is going to be - hence the title. Mason won't have anyone to play with and will whine all day, Cristian and the boys will run wild in the house & be stinky, Cora will be emotionally devastated because they're aren't any girls her age, Perry will boss the babies around and drive me nuts, etc.

And then the day happens...Shane & Logan are ridiculously helpful with polished manner's to boot, Josh ignores me all day BUT adores Hayden all day, Perry & Abby play along blissfully well, Cora & Logan play a few games together, Shane talks Cristian's ears off, some lame Godzilla movie entertains all 19 kids for 80 minutes, they all love my lunch, no one drowns in the pool nor pees in it, Hayden sleeps well, the bottom 4 play trains for an hour while I make dinner, and Bug, Shane, and Logan tear apart Cristian's room.

It was a perfect day.

Now I'm not say'n pessimism is where it's at, but when you assume the worst and life doesn't come close to it - well, then you start look'n at the flip side....which is called optimism.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Love this post! You have such a way with your commentary!!