Wednesday, June 16

canned nastiness

Wulf & Luli invited us to float the river a couple of weeks ago. It was wonderfully refreshing. The kids had a blast. The water was gorgeously blue-green. Divine.

I didn't want to do "meals" so we dropped fifty bones at the store on the way there on a bunch are garbage. Sometimes it is delightfully fun to do that.

We scattered through the cracker aisle with little hands grabbing and pleading right and left. I knew what I wanted though. Nothing says "floating-down-the-river-with-a-bunch-of-drunk-college-students" like Easy Cheese. I knew the moment my kids tasted the forbidden product that they'd become addicted. I tossed it in the shopping cart as Carlos starred at me wide-eyed.

As predicted, the nasty cheese product was a huge hit. The kids couldn't get enough of it. I finally put a halt on its consumption. Mean mommie!

But then I got mischievous.

We were on to Oreo's by then. Wulf was talking incessantly like he usually is. We were all listening intently because let's face it, he tells a good story. I'm handing out the cookies. I have Carlos twist the top off a cookie. I dab a squirt of easy cheese inside the filling & plop the top back on the cookie. Carlos hands it to Wulf.

Gulp. Gone. Gross.

He doesn't even notice. Carlos & I are laughing like naughty school kids.

Much later we are swimming at a pool. We are all tuckered out. The kids have dragged their exhausted, happy, but hungry bodies out of the water and want food. Wulf has fallen asleep on a picnic bench (as only males can). He's stretched out, bare-chested, almost snoring.

Then I got mischievous, again.

Out comes the spray cheese. I'm laughing just thinking about what I want done. I lean over to my partner (in crime) and tell him to spray some cheese in Wulf's belly button. Carlos laughs and whispers there's no way he's doing that. He and I are both silently laughing.

In steps Luli, "I'll do it." She grabs the can and sprays a generous portion of florescent orange in his hairy little naval. We start laughing out loud as Wulf swipes at his stomach thinking it a bug. In the process his hand becomes cheesed. He opens his eyes and looks at his hand. His look was SO worth it.

He's amused and grumbling about our prank. I'm almost peeing my pants. The kids are excited and laughing every which way you look. And that's when Kaira walks up to her daddy and digs out a chunk of bellybutton cheese and eats it.

Double nasty.

3 comments:

shalynn said...

gross, gross, gross. i can totally see wulf doing this!

Annette said...

So got an outloud chuckle from me...more than once!

Noel said...

did Kaira like the cheese with a hint of naval nastiness? funny story...outloud chuckle from me too!