Thursday, March 12

Downward Spiral

One of our finer moments as parents...I am reminded of a comment my brother makes about his sons. He's saving for college tuition for one and bail money for the other. Sometimes that hits too close to home. Case in point, the minor offense discipline record sheet. Amazing that our little four-year-old can generate such a piece of paper.



I do pride myself that I'm at least not one of those parents that gets all defensive and points the finger in every direction but mine and my boy's. It helps that I L-O-V-E his teacher too. I've asked her if she'd move up to kindergarten and teach Mason again. She declined. She is tough, consistent, fair, and doesn't stand for his shenanigans. I will confess it wounds me a bit to have the problem child. I think that is just my pride though.

Cuz dang it, if all the drama of Mason isn't one of the greatest joys of my life. He amuses me to no end. We'll learn to handle to moods. He is a great kid.

Besides how many of you guys can boast a referral on your four-year old?

He even got to "chat" with the vice principle. Divine.

2 comments:

Anne said...

this is awesome.

Noel said...

oh, Mason. His "spicy attitude" is what makes him so cute and easy to love!