Sunday, December 26

girlie runner

so i saw this idea on a blog and just fell in love with it. a table runner made out of doilies. i enlisted the help of shay and mama because they are crazy thrifters and knew their areas of the country are awesome for other people's crap. this squarish one is my favorite and they found it somewhere in central california.
i went to visit shay in cali (while mama was there) and we hit a consignment shop. i happened to speak with the owner about the project i was working on. she had several doilies throughout the shop to display things on. she ran around the store, collected them all, and gave me about 8 for ten bucks. they were all different shapes, sizes and colors.
now you know my fancy, white trash crafting skills. i tied each doilie together with waxed dental floss. SOOOOO much better than thread because it was sort of stiff and easy to work with. sometimes i am crafting genius.
p.s. yes, my house is always this clean and put together. if you know me, then you know how i roll.



3 comments:

shalynn said...

turned out so freakin cute! i wanna make one now!

Anne said...

i am so in love with this...and i am totally copying.

Mme. Kara said...

Um, I'm coveting this runner and will have yet another uncompleted project on my list!