Tuesday, July 21

His First Fight

I had the kids in the 'child watch' center at the YMCA and from where I was I could hear Mason crying/whining. Normally I would let Jen handle the crying, but she was in the pool swimming laps and I didn't want to disturb her so I started towards the sound. As I came closer I could tell that this wasn't your gratuitous whining. As I opened the door I saw that Mason had a bloody nose! The first thing he told me, as he pointed to a boy next to him(that was about six inches taller than him), was,"He punched me and gave a bloody nose!"

I asked, "Mason, did you hit him?"

"Yes."

"Did you hit him first?"

"Yes, but he gave me a blood nose!"

I remember when I 'almost' got into a fight, but that wasn't until I was in sixth grade. Mason's only 4 and already his first fight. Hopefully he learned his lesson that when you hit, other kids will usually hit back. If anything, at least don't hit kids that are six inches taller than you.

No comments: