Monday, May 11

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day.
I hope that all the moms felt loved
and appreciated on this special day made just
for them. I always try to make this an
extra special day for Jen since she does so much
for me and our family. As the kids get older, it's
been easier and funner to get the kids involved. I
must say that the little ones aren't so good at
keeping "mom's surprise" a secret.
The first thing Cristian and Cora wanted to do this
morning was to give Jen some of the cards and
other items they made for her at school during the week.
Cora helped me make Jen breakfast in bed.
It was a gourmet meal...Malt-o-meal. But it
was what Jen wanted and the kids liked it too
(it was a win-win).
These are some of the drawings and cards
Jen got today from our children.
Perry's Contribution
(I don't know if Perry understood that this was
supposed to be mom's favorite things, not hers)
Mason's Contribution

(I left out the page that Mason says mom likes to spank him)

Cora's Contribution



(We'll see if this really works)

Cristian's Contribution

(The right side is a portrait of my HOT wife...
look at those curves!)



Jen and I have often commented on how we didn't
really know each other that well when we got married.
Not that we didn't know each other, but that we didn't really
know who we would become years later. I am so thankful
that Jennifer has far exceeded all of my expectations of her role
as a mother. It is a sacred responsibility and I truly admire
her for the way that she fulfills her role in our children's
lives. Jen is the glue that holds our family together.

Thank you, Jen. I love you.

2 comments:

erin said...

this blessed my soul.

Noel said...

I'm so glad I have you as an example of how to be a great and FUN mom. I really am learning so much from you. I love you sis!