Thursday, February 10

I Ran!!

Bionic Noel is doing another sprint marathon. She asked if Carlos & I wanted to join her. It's in May, this was December, it seemed so doable. I dunno if Carlos is still "in" or not, but I've started my training.

I have zero desire to finish with any kind of respectable time in this thing. My only concern is to finish. As such, I thought I'd push myself and at least TRY to run. So I ran a 1/2 mile at the gym the other day. It wasn't bad. I didn't pee which was fab-u-lous and didn't have a heart attack (another perk). I don't even care if I don't run the 3 miles, just so I do some of it and complete the race.

If I ever get skinny and become addicted to sprints (which I could actually see happening, really) I'll worry about improving my times. But I am just excited to be training again and to do this with Noel. Granted, she'll have finished, gotten a pedicure, showered, put in an 8 hour shift at work, and washed my car when I cross the finish line but it's all good right?!

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Linds said...

We are going to hit the pavement together. I need a buddy to keep me motivated!