Monday, August 23

4th Time Charm?

Today was the first day of the school year. To say that I was giddy would be putting it mildly. Even though I had Perry and foster baby Ty for most of the day I was pumped!! I was actually yelling in glee at Carlos. He chuckled and reminded me to take it easy or I might make myself pee. That's love for ya.

First item of business... take Pear to the doctor to get one shot. Her school starts at noon so we were making good time. We wait, get 3 shots because I failed to take her to her 4 year physical (nice) and zip off to school. I head to the nurse's office, proudly hand her our shot record, & wait for school to begin. The nurse returns 10 minutes later to tell me that we missed the ONE shot we went to the doctor for in the first place. I smiled sweetly. Which is freak'n amazing because I'm on my period AND I've decreased my antidepressant all in one week. Insane combination as poor Carlos has been the brunt off. Oh yeah, and we are taking shifts all night with the newborn. I think I'm handling it fairly well.

So my poor Pear-Pear. She was such a trooper with her 3 shots. She didn't cry. I even suggested she not look while she was punctured but she stared at each needle and said, "I'm doing really good to not move!" Of course she didn't cry, she is my toughest child. But then I had to tell her this afternoon that we have to go back to the doctor again tomorrow to get one more shot.

She was so darling this afternoon when I picked her up from school. Her face was all lit up, sweaty but lit up. She climbed into the car all excited to be with us and tell us her events. She said, "I was a really good girl at school today and had fun, but then my legs started to hurt."

I gave her the largest dose of Motrin that I could. My poor little darl'n.

Here we go for round two tomorrow!

No comments: