Friday, August 7

29 Crodads!

My aunt Noel is the best aunt in the whole wide world!

On the 7th, me (Cristian) and Noel went crodad fishing. We caught 29 crodads by just using about 7 pieces of raw meat. I caught the smallest one. Noel caught the biggest one. The biggest one was the reddest one. I picked up about 7 crodads kind of big, but...Noel only picked up one small one. I think it was the smallest one of all. That's kind of embarassing.

When we caught a small crodad Noel would say, "It's a BABY!" and then I would think in my head,"she might scare the crodads away." We caught five baby ones and 24 big ones. Me and Noel saw a frog hopping by in the water. It hopped on a rock out of the water where I could see it. I slowly crept over to where it was and I stood on a piece of cement and I lowered myself down very slowly. I cupped my hands then I shot my hands at the frog. I had the frog but the rock was loose that it was on and the frog got away.

Noel used a hook. I had a fake crodad, but I didn't use it. I just put the meat on one of the hooks and I let it sit there. A trick is-you have to make your line go a little bit wiggly (not straight). But don't move it. Then when your line goes straight and moves around a little bit and maybe the tip of your pole goes down a little bit, then you have a crodad. That's all folks!

I converted Noel to fishing. P.S. I love my aunt Noel.

(Cristian's first post)

2 comments:

shalynn said...

i love to hear this from cristian's view! except i KNOW he didn't say that noel is his favorite!?!?! wish i was there. i love this kid so much.

Noel said...

Just have to add that this was one of my favorite nights being in the Cruz household. Cristian and I had so much fun and I learned alot about crawdads from this little guy. It was so much fun. Thanks Cristian for playing w/ me!