Thursday, October 14

CARLOS....YOU WIN!!

Carlos took a little man vacation. I've been asking him to blog about it because can I really comment on a vacation I wasn't a part of?! Well, resistance is what I've been met with. Guess what? I found out I CAN add commentary. Please note that all comments are untrue. If you want the real story, ask Carlos.
From left to right: Felipe, Buck, Carlos, & Guido. They met Felipe while hiking. Evidently he is homeless and spends much of his "time" out on the trails pillaging off nature. Buck was the hunter of the group. He killed 3 squirrels and a small badger all with a slingshot. It was very David and Goliath-ish I am told. Guido speaks Italian and very little English. The group was sure he spent most of the trip cursing the outdoors in his native tongue.

This is Mexican cuisine. Carlos said they fried up fresh cactus in rendered fat from the badger that was killed. Gross. He said it was actually pretty good. Carlos, just so you know, does not have discriminatory taste buds.

Hot Mexican man scaling the French Alps. In Arizona.

Interesting story. They found this small boy child at the top of this rock edifice. Evidently, the boy's parents fell off this rock and plummeted to their deaths. The group took him in and hiked him out of the mountains. He was a cute kid and can be seen below. Carlos said he seemed to be pretty unfazed by the tragic event. Probably in shock.

The orphaned boy - he name is Jermaine. Who still names their kid Jermaine these days?!

Weird, but I thought the French Alps would look so much different. No snow and these are more like plateaus rather than steep, plunging edifices. But what do I know, it wasn't my vacation.

Carlos and Buck - these two became fast friends. Carlos said he is just like a father to him. Sweet.
THE END.








2 comments:

deeder6 said...

LOVE IT!!!! Maybe I should have you write the commentary on my blog! It would be way more interesting!

Carlos said...

To be clear - I did go and hike across the Grand Canyon. It was an adventure, just not quite how Jennifer explains it.