Tuesday, March 2

Face Lift

My first project redo. I bought this footstool at a thrift store for $5. We didn't need a stool but I could see its potential and needed a "first" project. It was covered in ugly upholstery fabric.
Only to discover the original fabric underneath it. It really looks like a granny stool with the flowers and basic wood. Fortunately, the crackle finish was pretty easy to strip away too.
The finished product...I painted her black and recovered her in a funky green print that I quite like. Even Shay was mildly impressed with my redo skills. The kids like using the stool to reach their CD's for the tele. Simple pleasures right?


4 comments:

Mme. Kara said...

Add my name to the "Way Impressed" list. I really like the green fabric print!

Anne said...

holy crap...this is amazing!

Noel said...

yes..holy crap! I love it, Jen. Can't wait to see it and run my fingers across your beautiful handi-work at my next visit to Austin!

Annette said...

LOVE the redo!!!! good bye crackle, hello black and sleek with a splash of green wonderful!